QuickBooks error QBWC1039 can occur if you try to add the same configuration report twice within the software.
An error message is thrown during the error – error QBWC1039: There was a problem with your application. Test QBWCLog.Txt for details. Additionally, the error message should read “Error, unique file ID required” along with the error message.
QuickBooks desktop error QBWC1039: explanation
Even if you use the QuickBooks application, you may encounter many instances of QuickBooks online registration. While clearing the QuickBooks error QBWC1039, you may see one of the following error messages:
Error message 1:
QuickBooks error QBWC1039: A problem occurred while wrapping the application. See QWCLog.Txt for details.
Error connecting to QuickBooks error QBWC1039. The error message received from QuickBooks was
Error message 2:
This application does not have permission to access company records in this QuickBooks. QuickBooks administrators can grant permissions through the included application settings. Error message 3:
FileID cannot be added to company documents in this application
To fix the error, you need to find and resolve the possible reasons behind the error.
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1039?
The following list explains the reasons that can drive QuickBooks error QBWC1039.
Second, you may see an error code while moving or moving your QuickBooks org files from their original location.
Accidental deletion of third-party apps or Warehouse Manager can also promote QuickBooks error QBWC1039 code. This issue can be resolved by reinstalling the Qbw documentation.
- If you change the company file name
- Compatibility issues between corporate documents and applications
- QuickBooks Administrator limits third-party application integration,
- If you have already tried several times to integrate your application
How to troubleshoot QBWebConnector error QBWC1039?
Now that you know the possible causes of QuickBooks Web Connector error 1039, let’s move on to troubleshooting strategies. But before that, you want to make certain that the latest version of the QuickBooks web Connector is installed on the system. If not, update QuickBooks web connect and if the error persists, follow the troubleshooting processes defined underneath:
Resolve problems related to QuickBooks company file
QuickBooks errors QBWC1039 can be caused because of several problems associated with the QuickBooks company file. To repair the error:
- When you have renamed your QuickBooks organization file, change the file name back to the original.
- If the company document is moved to a special location, move it back to the original location
- Login QuickBooks company file the use of Admin credentials
- If you are running QuickBooks in Multi-user Mode, transfer to single-user Mode. You can find the option of switch to single-user Mode from the file tab
You furthermore might want to allow third-party application within the QuickBooks by following the below-given steps:
- Go to the Edit tab and select preferences
- Now select integrated application and click company preferences
- Subsequent, you need to click the third-party app after which properties
- Mark the checkbox to allow this application to log in automatically. Enter yes to allow this
- Sooner or later, choose a user to login and click OK.
- If you continue to experience errors connecting apps to QBWC1039, continue with the solutions below.
- Allow third-party applications to access company files
- To perform this troubleshooting method for QuickBooks error QBWC1039, make sure you are logged in as an administrator and running her QuickBooks in single-user mode.
- On the Edit tab, click Options.
- Select the embedded application and go to the company settings section
- Clear the check box next to the Don’t allow applications to access this company’s files option.
- Click Yes on the SDK App Authorization window to authorize the application you are adding
- Click OK to confirm your changes.